Science & Technology
- 1. Phlosophy
- 2. General Advanced
- 3. Aerospace
- 4. Astronomy
- 5. Cool Stuff
- 6. Earth
- 7. Energy Production
- 7.1 Focus Fusion (a.k.a., "Plasma Focus" Fusion, a.k.a., "Dense Plasma" Fusion)
- 8. Far Out Science
- 9. Space
- 10. Telcommunications
- 10.1 Telephone Standards and Protocols
- 10.2 T-Mobile
Hits since 2013-02-23:
- Future predictions techniques soft skills [2007-04]
Where do we go tomorrow?
2. General Advanced
- ExoSci [2001-05]
contribute a story, community & message boards, web resources, polls, calendar, search, statistics
- Incorrect Lift Theory with animation applet - NASA [2010-11]
What you learned in school, etc., on how airplanes fly may be wrong
- Lift - Wikipedia with good animation [2010-11]
- Airliners.net - Home Of The Internet Jet-set [2001-10]
Over 1900,000 photos on-line
- Aviation Week & Space Technology [2004-06]
- Rocket Racing League® [2008-04]
- Dark matter may be an illusion caused by the quantum vacuum [2011-08]
- Is there a cyclic universe of matter followed by anti-matter? [2011-08]
- Minor Planet & Comet Ephemeris Service [2009-03]
- RX J185G.5-3752 and 3C58 [2002-04]
Ultradense stars: a new form of matter?
- Fourmilab -- free Astronomy Software [2002-07]
- Association of Lunar & Planetary Observers [2002-07]
JPL Emphemeris Generator for serious people
5. Cool Stuff
- How to Grow Bioluminescent Algae at Home at wikiHow [2013-02]
- Scale Of The Universe [2016-03]
Interactive animation showing scale from the smallest to the largest. Really amazing. We people fit right about in the middle of things, as you can see by the starting position of the scrollbar.
- The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth [2011-09]
Hosts the best and most complete online collection of astronaut photographs of the Earth.
- Earth Viewer [1995-02]
- The Sky Screen Saver [1996-04]
for Microsoft Windows
- View of the Solar System [2002-03]
a vivid multimedia adventure unfolding the splendor of the Sun, planets, moons, comets, asteroids, and more.
- WorldTime: interactive atlas, time info, public holidays [2001-11]
7. Energy Production
- TerraPower is exploring Traveling Wave Reactors (TWR) and Molten Salt Reactors (MSR) [2013-07]
Putting spent nucular fuel to use with much safer reactors.
- Fission vs Fusion [2008-06]
7.1 Focus Fusion (a.k.a., "Plasma Focus" Fusion, a.k.a., "Dense Plasma" Fusion)
- About Focus Fusion [2008-07]
The Energy Blog
- Focus Fusion Society [2008-05]
Developing an environmentally Safe, Clean, Low Cost, Unlimited Energy Source for Everyone. And no, it's NOT cold fusion, conventional fusion, or fission.
- Peak Oil Optimist: Focus Fusion Blog [2008-06]
- Focus Fusion poses competition to $10 billion Tokamak [2008-06]
Article, Counterclaim, rebutal, and comments
- Slashdot Thread: search for "fusion" discussing some serious problems with practical use. [2008-07]
Ignore opening "funded" thread... that was wrong... start at "Exactly the right approach". Note threads on 1) "Good technology, bad researcher", 2) "Let's not forget the others", 3) "p-B11 is not aneutronic in reality".
- Abstract: Advancements in Dense Plasma Focus (DPF) for Space Propulsion [2008-06]
- The Next Big Future [2008-05]
Focus Fusion, and other non-Tokamak aproaches to nuclear fusion
- Random Thoughts: Alternatives to tokamak fusion (2006) [2008-06]
- LPP's Newly Assembled DPF Achieves First Shots and Pinch [2009-10]
- Decaborane MSDS: Fuel for Focus Fusion [2008-07]
The recommended airborne exposure limit (PEL) is 0.05 ppm averaged over an 8-hour workshift and 0.15 ppm as a STEL (short term exposure limit)
- Lawrence Livermore National Labs [1995-05]
8. Far Out Science
- Drake Equation [2009-06]
Just how many civilizations may be out there?
- The Kardashev Scale for measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement [2009-06]
- SRB Cameras STS-117 and STS-127 compiled into a single video. [2016-04]
When "Incredible" does not go nearly far enough.
- Why Not Space? [2011-10]
Tom Murphy: Using physics and estimation to assess energy, growth, options, or lack thereof.