Science & Technology
- 1. Phlosophy
- 2. General Advanced
- 3. Aerospace
- 4. Astronomy
- 5. Cool Stuff
- 6. Earth
- 7. Energy Production
- 7.1 Focus Fusion (a.k.a., "Plasma Focus" Fusion, a.k.a., "Dense Plasma" Fusion)
- 8. Far Out Science
- 9. Space
- 10. Telcommunications
- 10.1 Telephone Standards and Protocols
- 10.2 T-Mobile
Hits since 2013-02-23:
- Future predictions techniques soft skills [2007-04]
Where do we go tomorrow?
2. General Advanced
- ExoSci [2001-05]
contribute a story, community & message boards, web resources, polls, calendar, search, statistics
- Incorrect Lift Theory with animation applet - NASA [2010-11]
What you learned in school, etc., on how airplanes fly may be wrong
- Lift - Wikipedia with good animation [2010-11]
- Airliners.net - Home Of The Internet Jet-set [2001-10]
Over 1900,000 photos on-line
- Aviation Week & Space Technology [2004-06]
- Rocket Racing League® [2008-04]
- Dark matter may be an illusion caused by the quantum vacuum [2011-08]
- Is there a cyclic universe of matter followed by anti-matter? [2011-08]
- Minor Planet & Comet Ephemeris Service [2009-03]
- RX J185G.5-3752 and 3C58 [2002-04]
Ultradense stars: a new form of matter?
- Fourmilab -- free Astronomy Software [2002-07]
- Association of Lunar & Planetary Observers [2002-07]
JPL Emphemeris Generator for serious people
5. Cool Stuff
- How to Grow Bioluminescent Algae at Home at wikiHow [2013-02]
- The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth [2011-09]
Hosts the best and most complete online collection of astronaut photographs of the Earth.
- Earth Viewer [1995-02]
- The Sky Screen Saver [1996-04]
for Microsoft Windows
- View of the Solar System [2002-03]
a vivid multimedia adventure unfolding the splendor of the Sun, planets, moons, comets, asteroids, and more.
- WorldTime: interactive atlas, time info, public holidays [2001-11]
7. Energy Production
- TerraPower is exploring Traveling Wave Reactors (TWR) and Molten Salt Reactors (MSR) [2013-07]
Putting spent nucular fuel to use with much safer reactors.
- Fission vs Fusion [2008-06]
7.1 Focus Fusion (a.k.a., "Plasma Focus" Fusion, a.k.a., "Dense Plasma" Fusion)
- About Focus Fusion [2008-07]
The Energy Blog
- Focus Fusion Society [2008-05]
Developing an environmentally Safe, Clean, Low Cost, Unlimited Energy Source for Everyone. And no, it's NOT cold fusion, conventional fusion, or fission.
- Peak Oil Optimist: Focus Fusion Blog [2008-06]
- Focus Fusion poses competition to $10 billion Tokamak [2008-06]
Article, Counterclaim, rebutal, and comments
- Slashdot Thread: search for "fusion" discussing some serious problems with practical use. [2008-07]
Ignore opening "funded" thread... that was wrong... start at "Exactly the right approach". Note threads on 1) "Good technology, bad researcher", 2) "Let's not forget the others", 3) "p-B11 is not aneutronic in reality".
- Abstract: Advancements in Dense Plasma Focus (DPF) for Space Propulsion [2008-06]
- The Next Big Future [2008-05]
Focus Fusion, and other non-Tokamak aproaches to nuclear fusion
- Random Thoughts: Alternatives to tokamak fusion (2006) [2008-06]
- LPP's Newly Assembled DPF Achieves First Shots and Pinch [2009-10]
- Decaborane MSDS: Fuel for Focus Fusion [2008-07]
The recommended airborne exposure limit (PEL) is 0.05 ppm averaged over an 8-hour workshift and 0.15 ppm as a STEL (short term exposure limit)
- Lawrence Livermore National Labs [1995-05]
8. Far Out Science
- Drake Equation [2009-06]
Just how many civilizations may be out there?
- The Kardashev Scale for measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement [2009-06]
- Why Not Space? [2011-10]
Tom Murphy: Using physics and estimation to assess energy, growth, options, or lack thereof.