1/2 cup unhomogenized unsweetened peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced fine
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (Or more, of course)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Cilantro sprigs for garnish
1. In saucepan cook peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Cool sauce, Divide into two parts.
3. Cut chicken into 1" strips, threading onto skewers. (If bamboo skewers are used, soak for 20-30 minutes before using)
4. Oil grid on grill with non-stick spray before heating. 5. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat, 6-8 minutes, turning once.
6. Baste with half sauce during cooking and serve garnished with cilantro, with remaining sauce for dipping.