8 oz. cream cheese
1. In a bowl, soften cream cheese and stir in chives, green onion walnuts and celery.
2. Add lemon juice and spices and mix well.
3. Spread mixture on salmon slices and season with pepper, roll up to form neat rolls
4. Place a cucumber slice on each cracker and place a sprig of dill and a salmon roll on each cucumber.
5. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and garnish with chives if desired.
* To add some more heat you can add a couple drops of habanero sauce to the top of the cucumber during assembly. The sauce I use has cloves and honey which seem to compliment the flavor of the salmon.
For Chilehead sensibilities I also used dried powdered Red Savina Habanero flakes as well as adding a slice of fresh habanero to the filling of each roll. You might want to play around with the seasonings...
salmon rolls may be prepared several hours in advance, and assembled just before serving to prevent the cracker from getting soggy.
Back to Mark's Homepage